CITY OF ROSEBUD
MUNICIPAL COURT OF RECORD
The courtroom is a formal setting, with a long history, which commands respect from all who participate in its proceedings. Therefore, the following information is provided regarding Court Decorum. All must be appropriately dressed.
- Rise when addressing the Court.
- Answer the Court with “Your Honor”.
- Do not argue with the Judge.
- Do not use inappropriate facial expression(s) in the courtroom.
- No clothing with vulgar or offensive language.
- No gang related clothing, colors, symbols and at the discretion of the Bailiff.
- Do not read newspapers, magazines, or other items not related to the trial being conducted while court is in session.
- No children under the age of 12 years of age will be permitted in the courtroom without exceptional circumstances: and disruptive children will be asked to leave the courtroom.
- Do not bring food or beverages into the courtroom at any time.
- Do not chew gum in the courtroom
- Do not talk or make loud noises while court is in session.
- Remove your hat (men and women), caps or headdresses prior to entering the courtroom (religious head coverings exempted)
- Do not wear house shoes or shower shoes.
- Do not wear shorts, T-shirts (unless it has buttons) tank tops, jogging/sweat suits, sleeveless shirts, pajamas, or any shirt/blouse that is ‘see through’. Exceptions: Uniform t-shirts and Police and Postal uniform shorts.
- No sunglasses unless ordered to be worn by a doctor.
- Pull your trousers up to the waist – NO SAGGING.
- Turn off pagers and cell phones and remove all Bluetooth devices while in the courtroom.
- Do not sleep in the courtroom.
NO WEAPONS TO INCLUDE FIREARMS, MACE, PEPPER SPRAY, KNIVES, SHARP OR CUTTING
INSTRUMENTS (REAL OR SIMULATED) WILL BE PERMITTED IN THE COURT BUILDING!
Any individual in violation of the Court Decorum code is subject to be found in Contempt of Court with a possible penalty of $100 and/or three (3) days in jail. In addition, your case(s) will be reset.